What if you don’t conduct annual performance appraisals within your organisation? You can encourage your people to write their annual development plan and discuss it with you.
An annual personal development plan should include:
- Their specific goals (get them to set SMART goals).
- The knowledge and skills they’ll need to reach those goals.
- Any activities associated with their goals.
- A list of resources they’ll need to complete their goals.
- Obstacles they’ll need to overcome to achieve their goals.
- How these goals will benefit their role.
- How these goals will help the organisation.
- When each goal is expected to be completed.