Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric and Time Magazine’s CEO of the Century, said that the ultimate competitive advantage in business is the ability to learn continuously and apply that knowledge to drive value.
Creating a learning culture is essential because:
- It enables employees to acquire, assimilate, and transfer new knowledge to create value.
- It enlightens and empowers employees to rise to the daily
- It challenges of performing in a dynamic marketplace.
- It makes any business more agile by creating talented people.
- It creates a pool of employees who can promptly respond to the shifting demands of a challenging and dynamic economy.
- It enables every employee to harness new ideas and to turn them into solutions, products, services — for their customers.